Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I want to see

Today I read the most beautiful blog post. I want to make sure I SEE my kids.

I have been trying more often lately to put down my phone when I get home from work. To look at Button when she talks. To pay attention to what she is saying.

I know it isn't enough to just be there. I have to be the one who also listens and HEARS. The one who understands. The one who praises. The one who tries so very hard not to get mad.

I hate yelling, but since I have gone back to work I find myself doing it more and more. I mean, look at my Precious Time post. I feel like now all I do is run and run and run and never have enough time to spend with the girls.

Belle is smart. She knows she gets less of me now than she did before Shebls came. But you know what, she loves her sister and doesn't resent her. She hugs and kisses her. But I need to find more time to spend with her.

I need to make sure I always see my girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment