Monday, February 6, 2012

I want to be a SAHM

I am going to try this blog thing - I hope it will help me keep track of how my little girl grows up and how our family evolves over time.

I also want to be clear about something. As a little girl, I was told, Go to College, Get Your Degree, Get A Job, You Can Be Whatever You Want To Be.

The problem is that all I want to be is a Stay At Home Mom (SAHM). There, I've said it. I have one master's degree and am working on another. I have a full time job at an director level. I would leave it all behind tomorrow if I won the lottery (I buy a few tickets a week to keep this dream alive) so I could spend every day with the light of my life.

January 9, 2011 (after 30 hours of labor) I gave birth to the most wonderful little girl, Bellie Button. She is amazing. After 9 1/2 short weeks of maternity leave I went back to work. It has been almost a year since then, and all I can think about is staying home with her.

At first, I thought it would get better, but it has gotten to be even more of a desire of mine. I am looking for even part time work options (those pesky things like student loans and a car payment keep me gainfully employed) and I am not sure what else I would do.

So I am going to start a blog - to talk about my secret hopes and dreams and how I am going to go about getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment