Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Mental Health Day

I am in desperate need of a mental health day. As much as I love my life, sometimes you just need a day off here and there.

Today is one of those days.

Normally, I would just call in sick. But since I am trying to stockpile my remaining vacation days for maternity leave next year and that I only have 7 hours of sick time left and two months left in the year, and a 21 month old that there will be a snow day or a sick day or something, I am left with few options.

So here I sit, at work, so tired I can barely function. I have 13 weeks to go before this new little blessing comes into our lives and so much to do. I just want to go home, do laundry and crawl into bed and sleep all day long.

It will get better. At least I am taking a long weekend for Thanksgiving (only 21 days away). Our new fridge and couch come Friday (we have been without a fridge for almost a month now), and I am only working a half day on Friday, so there are bonuses.

What do you do when you need a day off or a day away? Secretly I want to go to a hotel and not tell Hubs where I am .... but that would be mean!


No comments:

Post a Comment