Monday, October 15, 2012

Blessed

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I guess on some level, I knew this day existed, but I didn't realize it was today until I saw a Facebook post that made me cry.

Hubs and I have been incredibly blessed. We never had to try to get pregnant and have had very uneventful pregnancies and births (well, still cooking #2, but things are going just fine at 25 weeks).

Unlike someone who I am very close to. I had suspected that she and her husband had tried and been unsuccessful or had problems. I was scared to tell her I was pregnant this time around, even though I knew she was about 16 weeks along. She had never told me what happened, but on some level I knew that there had been a miscarriage.

What I didn't know was that there had been several.

This morning my heart beaks for her. She is progressing along this time just fine and will get to meet her baby soon. But my heart breaks for those she lost, the pain she and her husband went through. Knowing that I was pregnant with Button  who could have had another little friend her age, that we were so blessed when she was hurting so much, makes me just want to weep.

I realize how lucky I am. People don't want to talk about what might happen. People talk about the positive, happy side of pregnancy, but don't acknowledge the sad side. The side that comes out when a baby is lost, but the love is not gone, and there is lasting pain.

October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  It is a day to remember those we have lost, to support those who are left behind. We need to remember this day. We need to remember those who are affected by this, to show our love and support to them.

So think about those you love today, those who may have lost a baby or infant, those you know about and those you don't. Pray for them. Pray for their families and those that go through this in silence. Help them to feel love and support and mourn with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment