Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Peanut Allergy ....

Yup, you read that right. My Little Nut is allergic to peanuts. I can't believe it. I know that lots of other families deal with food allergies, and that at least now we know and can be prepared. But I hate that I am going to have to always be watching what she eats, to make sure that she is not eating anything she shouldn't be.

This means really be careful at parties, restaurants, friend's and family's houses and so on. I am going to always have to carry EpiPens, allergy medication, and more. It scares me what might happen, and that I know how little kids can be.

Did you know that M&M's are not safe? Even regular ones? Because they are produced in a plant where peanuts are? This is the kind of thing that worries me - things that should be harmless, but are not because of where and how they are produced may cause a sever allergic reaction. I never would have thought that I have to look beyond what is in something to where it is made.

I know that we can handle this and that it will be just fine. It is just not ideal and life will be just fine. I also am smart enough to know that there will be scares from time to time, and I might even have to use an EpiPen, which for someone who is TERRIFIED of needles is going to be tough - but not impossible, I mean this is her LIFE! I cried harder than she did yesterday at the allergist getting tested - and she was a real trooper. She cried for a min, but was back playing and singing songs before I was.

I know that it will be ok. We will work around this. I just don't like it one bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment