Wednesday, April 24, 2013

RSV


But also during my leave, when Shelby was 7 weeks old, she was diagnosed with RSV. This was apparently a really bad year for it and I have learned so much about it. Basically, in us it is really bad cold. In a baby or newborn, its a cold that can get them hospitalized. That's what happened with us. When I took her in to see our provider her oxygen levels were ok and we started nebulizer treatments. We had to go back in every few days to check her oxygen levels and see how things were going. Well, one morning she was coughing and coughing and coughing and NOTHING helped. I took Belle to daycare and ran over to see our provider. We were admitted to the hospital that afternoon because her oxygen levels were too low and she needed support.



We were there for two and a half days before being able to go home. It was scary, but we got through it and she is MUCH better now. Word to the wise, don't ignore your instincts. I almost didn't take her in since I thought it was just a runny nose. So glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment