Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Birth Story


Ok. I know. I have been away too long. But I have good reasons. I had a baby. We sold our house. We had find a new house and all that goes along with that. We were in the hospital with a 7 week old baby girl with RSV. We moved into our new house. And now I am back to work.

So let's start at the beginning. January 23 I woke up at midnight in labor. Since Belle took 30 hours I figured I had plenty of time. But I was in a lot of pain. And the contractions were 2-3 minutes apart, so about 12:20 I called my midwife at the hospital and she told me to come in. We called MIL to come over and watch Belle, and we were off. It was colder than crud out and Hubs didn't want to drive to fast because his truck had to warm up. Then he started to time my contractions and when he realized how close they were, he sped things up.

We got there about 1:45am and I asked for IV drugs. I wanted a natural birth, but MAN this was intense. They did a cervical check and I was already in transition so we decided I didn't really need them anyway. About 2am my water broke and I was already pushing. At 2:36am my BEAUTIFUL baby girl, Shelby, was born.

It was amazing. It was all natural. And it was WAY too fast for my comfort. I mean, we were there for 45 minutes before she was born and that was it.



She was perfect - 21.5 inches long, 8lbs, 15oz. She latched on almost immediately after birth and stopped me from bleeding too much. She breast feeds like a champ which I couldn't be happier about.

No comments:

Post a Comment