Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mother's Birthday Wish

Today is my birthday. Yay Me!! Anyway, my favorite (so far) Facebook birthday wish was:

Happy birthday to the hottest m in WI! I wish you a day with no food being spit up on you, no toddler tears and hopefully a morning you get to sleep in until like 6:30am. Happy birthday!

This made me laugh, because my morning was NOTHING like I had hoped. Shelbs woke up at 5am and Button followed at 5:30am ... soaking wet. By 6am we had changed clothes, sheets, started laundry and had a snack. At school at 7:20am Belle had a meltdown of tears. Then, while picking up my birthday breakfast cupcakes (yes, there were more than one!) the lady smeared the frosting. 

So by 7:30am most of what my friend wished for me was already down the drain .... But a big part of me would not have it any other way. I will look back when Button is old enough to not need me in the morning and be sad. I will miss the mornings when her smile wakes me up because she wants to climb into bed with me.  

I will always treasure these times ... even though sleeping until 6am would have been FABULOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment